Depending on if the template used the file upload or file attached to record method will alter the editing experience.
Depending on if the template was saved as a draft or published will alter the editing experience.
HelloSign for Salesforce does not support version control. We do not allow you to save an existing published template as a draft. Any changes to a published template will be applied immediately.
On the HelloSign template record in Salesforce click the Edit Template button
Name & Object Page
- You can always modify the name of the template
- The source file is not editable. If you need to change the source object you will need to create a new template.
File Source Page
- If the file source was upload file you will be prompted with the caution message: Modifying files or file source will clear all mapped fields on your document. You will need to remap fields onto your document.
- If the file source was upload file you will be prompted with the caution message: Modifying signer options or recipients will clear all mapped fields on your document. Changes to default or locked fields are exempt and won't impact field mapping.
Merge Fields Page
- There are no restrictions on modifying merge fields.
- There are no restrictions on modifying the message or skip fields.
Updated over 4 years ago