When migrating templates from sandbox to production, it is important to remember that the attached files on the template will not migrate to the new environment. If you want the files to be moved to your production instance, they'll need to be manually moved using standard migration practices.
STEPS to Transfer Dropbox Sign Templates
- Use a Salesforce export tool to pull the Dropbox Sign Template records (Dropbox Sign__Template__c) from your sandbox that you want in production.
- Use a Salesforce export tool to pull the Dropbox Sign Signer Role records (Dropbox Sign__SignerRole__c) from your sandbox that lookup to the templates you are migrating.
- Insert the Dropbox Sign Template records into production.
- Inserting Dropbox Sign Template records will create a success CSV file that contains the newly inserted record IDs.
- On your Dropbox Sign Signer Role export file replace the Dropbox Sign Template lookup ID with the record IDs on the success CSV file. A lookup formula using the sandbox record IDs will allow you to map the new IDs to the correct records.
- Insert the Dropbox Sign Signer Role records (with newly mapped Template lookup IDs) into production.
Template records and Signer Role records will have been successfully inserted into production.
Updated 9 months ago